Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas...

We all knew this was coming.

Today is December 1st, so we have 24 more days til Christmas.

I have approximately 4.5 hats, a pair of socks, coasters, and I'm sure I'll add more - to knit.

I've started one of the hats (Grandpop's hat), I have the yarn for another Piper for my cousin's fiancée, and the yarn for my cousin's hat. I have to get the yarn for two Thorpes for my siblings. And I did tell leyna (best friend) that I'd make her a scarf, but I don't know if that'll be possible.

But, here's the socks for my uncle I started:



I can't help but be optimistic about these, I started them last night and look how far I've gotten!

Also, when my aunt was here for thanksgiving, she gave me some fiber, some mohair and merino. I really want to try spinning it (I have not touched my wheel in at least a month... the combination of back problems and no time!), it has a bit of veggie matter in it (not enough to interfer with spinning) and it is not all combed out like I'm used too! It'll be an experience.

This is the mohair:


And both fibers:



I'm really looking forward to my vacation after christmas - hopefully not too much work and more vacation after christmas!

No comments: