Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thanks!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a package of 12 mailers from staples, thinking that I would never use them all - or at least it would take me a while to use them all! Today, I got another order in and this picture shows my excitment - this is my LAST envolope.


(excuse the webcam picture)

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but this side income makes having days off on the weekends possible for a very busy college student. In the upcoming two weeks, I have less hours than in the past at work and I'm not stressing about money. I love making these bags, and apparently, people like buying them. Thank you if you've bought a bag, or told a friend in real life or online about them - everything helps seriously. I'm considering craft shows in the upcoming months (anyone know any good ones in CT?), and I'm going to be a sponsor in SockDown March on Ravelry. My mom (who's a graphic designer) has made me a banner and is working on business cards. (she's also been letting me use her new machine even though I do have a hand me down from her, which works but is not where all the sewing supplies are.)

I even have a stock drawer:

2 comments:

Julie said...

that's awesome news, congrats!!!

ColorSlut said...

I'm so happy that things are selling. I have yet to buy something - but I do tell everyone about them :)