Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Food Abounds and Knitting Sweaters

I'm still having a SALE at my shop. 15% off my whole shop!

So, my parents are away for a bit - I'm in charge of the garden. The beans - they never end. Ever.



I've been trying to pick in the morning, but today I hadn't picked at all since sunday! I got a cucumber and tons of beans! There'll be tomatoes ripe soon too.

I've been doing a couple of interesting things recently. I guess the first isn't interesting - but I tend to eat the same things every day, and I recently realized this. I eat toast with butter for breakfast and I have for about six months. And before that it was a bagel with butter, and before that it was a bagel with peanut butter and jam. For lunch, I've eaten this almost everyday for probably about 3 or 4 months.



Yogurt (I used to eat flavored but those taste too sweet now) with strawberries or other similar berries (like blackberries here), and granola. It's so good. I haven't gotten bored with it yet!

I've also just made coffee concentrate. I don't know how it'll work out, but I will report on how well it does. I found alot of recipes for a whole pound of ground coffee online, but then I found one for just 4 ounces. Basically, you take a storage container of some kind, put in 4 ounces of coarse ground coffee, 1/2 cup of water, and stir. Then add 2 cups of water stir a little, then let sit for 12 hours. Then strain it until all the grains are out, and you can keep it for up to two weeks in the fridge. To make iced coffee (which is why I'm making it) you just add 1/4 cup of the concentrate to milk and ice!



I hope it works out. I'm still trying to find ways of drinking coffee with out upsetting my stomach too much!

I've been knitting alot too! I've started a Steggie for my little almost-2-year-old cousin.



Not very interesting but great knitting for when I babysit him!

And my aunt's shrug has gotten to the sleeves!

3 comments:

Julie said...

wow, it looks like summer is in full swing where you are!! the fresh beans look amazing, and your WIPS are lovely!!

ColorSlut said...

Goodness you are having a fantastic summer!!!

Tamara/Spincerely said...

I can only eat no fat plain yogurt now. Once you get used to it, it is soooo good! I love the coffee concentrate idea too! That would be so good for simulated coffee coolatas!
I hope my children will grow up to be helpful in the garden someday like you!