The first, is that little sock I posted about so long ago. I finished the damn thing LAST night, but the heel was too pointy. So I ripped it back to it's pointy heel and re-knit, with a wider short-row heel. I am sorry for the lack of pictures of this so-called pointy heel, but my dear mother stole the camera that she owns. However, here is a picture of the reknit sock I finished about five seconds ago:
Yarn: Knitpicks Essential
Needles: Susan Bate's size ones DPN
Happiness factor: Not so much.
Problem #1: Heel contuines to be its pointy little self, even after a little re-knit.
#2: Cast off too tight. Easily fixed, however.
#3: It is too long in the toe area. This is hard to explain, but can be seen in these pictures:
The point of these socks was to keep their little selves relatively hidden in my little shoes (not really little, size nines, but I call all flats little). And well, they aren't really doing their job.
Another problem, one, however, I am not planning on fixing, is that I have less fabric around the width of my foot then I planned. The reason for not fixing is that I am eventually going to submit this pattern to knitty, and most people in the world do not have feet that measure NINE inches in cirumcuference after the toes. I will probably make a note in the pattern for those with wider feet, though.
Oh. About that felted bag. Well, I sewed a zipper on to a lining about... four times. Yeah, but the thing was it was the same zipper and lining. Then, I sewed it into the bag, and then ripped it out during chemistry. The top too DAMN BIG! It is HUGE. It does not look huge in the picure below, but trust me, it is a monster. I need to figure out what to do about it.