Saturday, May 19, 2007

New, and Unmentioned.

I got this in the mail today:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No, it's not really purple. It's a medium blue, and a light blue/gray, for my cousin's socks. He's 26 and he's one of my favorite cousins, so therefore he gets socks, no matter that the yarn itself is late for his birthday (last sunday). But he will get them eventually.

And then my brother will turn 11 on tuesday. He gets these:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah, that's me wearing them. Yes, my 11 year old brother's feet are just as big as mine. I know.

Yarn: Left over from these two pairs of socks. I knit them toe up, magic loop, two at once, from a center pull ball, and I stopped for the ribbing when I had just enough to cast off with.
Needles: Addi turbo, 1s.
They're a bit short, but he'll deal. I even gave him some room to grow - his feet are 9 inches, they measure, when stretched slightly, 10". Yay.

No comments: