Monday, June 30, 2008

Why I'm not blogging.

Well first there's the whole I'm too tired to knit, so no knitting makes a bad knit blogger. I mostly knit at night when school's out and during school when school's in session, and since I have a job at a restaurant or I go out with friends, when I get home all I want to do is zone in front of the TV or computer. No knitting at all!

Then again, I had this weekend off, because a combination of family parties and friends' parties. But, well, Saturday night was a little more stressful than planned. A friend of mine has been going through a break up and I'm trying to make her feel better - both with yarn and shopping I have planned.

And then on Sunday, I went to a baby shower! Of course she loved my gift!

Photobucket

And look at this cake my nana made!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was really good too! It was so hot that day, my Nana was panicking about the cake beginning to melt!

Despite everything, I have knit quite a bit on that scarf.

Photobucket

Dry Blocked:

Photobucket

Unblocked at 12 repeats:

Photobucket

Color is finally true in these pictures, I corrected it. Speaking of which, I've decided that I'm going to start putting away money for an SLR camera. I thought a while about just buying a cheapish regular one... but if I save for a couple years, I can buy a better camera that'll last longer. Only a few years!

No comments: