Saturday, December 27, 2008

Last Two Christmas FOs!

First, the last quick hat, for my cousin Josh (when received, he said "How did you know I wear hats like this?").



Pattern: Hmm, I used one to see if I could get a general stitch count - 88sts, and made up the decreases.
Yarn: Lion Brand Woolease Chunky - I don't like the original, but I love the thick and quick and the chunky.
Needles: Size 8 circulars

And, Elijah. I love this pattern. I think I've knit two or three patterns more than one time, and this is one of them. I love Ysolda's patterns, and I really want to buy some more of them. Liesl and Elijah were both wonderfully written - she is very clear about instructions and the construction of her patterns is very interesting.



Pattern: Elijah
Yarn: Lily's Sugar and Creme Cotton Yarn
Needles: Size 3 bamboo dpns (oww, bamboo needles and cotton yarn...)
Mods: I accidentally skipped a increase on one of the legs, so I did it on the legs and arms too.



Obviously, the elephant was well received. My uncle and aunt were amazed by it, and the baby liked to chew on it, and I was assured it was going to France with them (where they're living for two months!).

More FOs to come, I've got at least three presents to make for some January birthdays!

No comments: