Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Look What I Finished!

Well, it's still buttonless, but on friday, it will be finished!



Yeah, I know it's not a very good picture, but! Mullica said she will take many, many pictures of me in this cardigan when I have buttons (which, I'm considering stealing from work, but I think that'd be too mean).

But the specfics!

Pattern: Printed Silk Cardigan from Interweave Knits Spring 2008
Yarn: 8 balls of Pima Silk from Frog Tree
Needles: Size 4 and 2
Mods: None ... oh, except that I knit the sides and back together instead of seaming.

This was my first "real" experience with seaming (well, properly!), and it was eye opening. I looked at the glossary of the Interweave issue and I tried.

And this was what happened:



Not awful, but not as clean and "seam" like as I was hoping - but this was only the back of one of the arms.

Then, I realized to seam properly, you are doing a sort of running stitch, pulling the two selvage stitches together and to the inside. So, I started to seam from the outside to achieve this.



Tada! I love it. Buttons will be bought on Friday, and I'll get mullica to take pictures of me on Saturday (while we're avoiding our research papers!).

1 comment:

Isabel Toile-dAraignee said...

Yaaay! Wow, how long did this take you? Lol =). I'm happy you finished it, and can't wait to see it with buttons!