Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Doughnuts and Shawls

Well, first, I wanted to share what I baked this weekend. (after getting that job - which I don't know if I was clear - I don't have four jobs NOW, I have one and I go to school fulltime. I will have two jobs this summer!)



I've been having a doughnut phase. These, though, were baked, and then dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar. So, supposedly better for you than the regular deep-fried then glazed kind.

I also finished Mullica's shawl (her birthday is tomorrow!)! I won't be able to block it til this weekend, but I'm sure she won't mind.



(And you can conveniently see the book I'm reading on the side there, it's called "Critical" and it outlines the history of universal health care, and right now I'm at the part were Clinton was on the verge of universal health care reform in the 90s. It's for a class, but I'm really enjoying reading it.)

I'll do a real FO post later, probably the beginning of next week with modeled pictures and everything!

3 comments:

Toile-dAraignee said...

I saw the title, and groaned. You're making me jealous with all this talk of doughnuts.

Anonymous said...

Shawl looks fantastic! And I don't know if I've said this before, but I really like your duvet.
Also, the doughnuts look tasty to the max. ;)

Vee said...

Ahh, and they're baked! They look delicious!

The shawl is very pretty. The yarn suits the pattern well :)