Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spinning a Little Bit

Since I got that grey alpaca at WEBs, I've been itching to get it onto the wheel, and get the BFL that's currently on it off!

Until, I finally did get some of the BFL off. I weighed the fiber that was left, and it was 2 ounces out of the four I had. So I decided I was going to ply the half that I already spun. I spun it in colored sections, so it should be self stripping when I knit with it. I'm not sure about how even the stripes will be, but still cool looking!

I love it! I was going to make mittens with it, but I think that colors would look better in a sock. I have 180 yds out of the 2 ounces there, and I think I'll take some of the undyed stuff and spin enough for a heel in a solid color. It's good to know that I can make a sock weight 3-ply (I navajo plied this batch), even if it does take a good fight to get it that thin. It's also no where near balanced!

But so pretty. I've started the second half, but am tempted to just start knitting some socks...

No comments: