Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Recipe, Spinning and an Almost FO

First, a recipe for those peach muffins I made earlier in the week. (we did not have sour cream, so we used plain, no flavored yogurt my grandmother makes.)

Topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
Muffins:
3 medium peaches, 1 1/4 cups
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Prepare topping: In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar and cinnamon with a fork, work in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Preheat oven 400, grease muffin tins.
Blanch Peaches, remove skins, dice into small pieces (did 1/2 inch pieces, try smaller next time).
In a med. Bowl, whisk egg, then add sour cream, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir in peaches.
In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour sour cream mixture into it, stir quickly, just to moisten, spoon into muffin tins. Crumble topping over batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 10-15 minutes. Eat.

They were the type of muffins that you could bake and have for breakfast for a couple days after, not the kind that aren't half as good the next morning.

As for other things, my vacation is sadly coming to a close. We leave thursday morning and today we're not really doing anything but sitting, reading, Mike's been arranging music for his a cappella group, and I've been knitting and spinning.



That's that alpaca that I've been spinning, it turned out a roughly worsted weight yarn, 4 ounces, 186 yds. I loved spinning with the alpaca, as difficult as it was sometimes, and I got alot more yardage out of it than I normally get with wool.



And, I finished my mom’s sweater vest, though it is without buttons and blocking. It’s rather bumpy right now because of lack of blocking (which I hope makes it longer and wider, but it is pure wool so, hopefully it will grow), but I plan on doing that after we get home because it’ll take forever to dry.



I'll probably have to devote a whole post just to all the silly mods I made which made the sweater vest much harder to knit - like my issues with gauge, the edge issue and the picking up stitches pucker issue. Though one mod actually did work out and I should have done more of, is adding length. I added two inches to the body of the vest, and it could have used another 3 or 4.

I still have other knitting to do, but I have not touched those purple socks for myself in ages, mostly because they are currently boring me. I’ve been knitting a lot of the yellow Lily shawl, but not much progress is showing as of late. When I get home, I'll block and find buttons for the sweater vest.

3 comments:

Team Knit ! said...

ooh, thanks for the recipe!! they really looked amazingly delicious. your handspun is gorgeous, by the way!! and that vest is so nice- just needs the perfect buttons to finish it off.

- Julie

Team Knit ! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I made those muffins today. YUM! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!