Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Broken Needle and Some Knitting

A funny story: my professor in my bioanthropology class I think owns a sheep farm (or has friends that do), and is apparently going to Rhinebeck, only on Sunday not saturday! I told him I had a wheel, he even asked what kind! This all came up because he told me I could keep knitting in class even though we were going over the exam questions (which he didn't want anyone to write down). He asked for a hat (normal response to me knitting in class, actually) but when he tried to "bribe" me jokingly with exam points, everyone jokingly offered to buy him a hat - to which he responded he wanted a handmade hat - I find that interesting, because I might make him a hat because of that comment!

Anyways, in other news, since I had an exam tonight, I got home alot earlier than normally, and have been knitting. (as you can probably tell by the pile of projects!)



The blue striped socks are only there because they were a hibernating project that has been pulled out of hiding to steal the needles. In class today, my knitpicks circ finally gave out. I had two pairs because they gave me one free one after I had to superglue one pair, and I'm pretty sure this one broke because of the supergluing. Oh well, looks like I'll have to deal without two pairs! (I actually have been because of the hibernating project!) I have to get another 24" cable for the interchangeable anyway (a kitten got to it).

This weekend I'm heading to Newport with Mike's family, where they have a timeshare, which is apparently across the street from a yarn store! I doubt I'll buy anything unless something really catches my eye because of rhinebeck. Also, this weekend at newport happens to be mike and I's fourth anniversary, so we'll be going out on friday. I can't wait, this will be the first weekend in a month that I've had off!

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

that awesome that your prof is going to Rhinebeck! You should totally knit him a hat. It'll make everyone jealous. :)

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary! :) And also on the very cool professor. I have yet to attempt knitting in class because we usually aren't many people (~20 to 25) and it draws attention.

This weekend I'm going to a spa hotel with Martin from Saturday to Sunday. :D So I can relate! I can't remember the last time I had a weekend to JUST relax. I can't wait.

(Also, jealous of Rhinebeck. So not fair. America has all the good stuff.)