Thursday, November 26, 2009

FO: Max's Jacket

I had the idea to knit a Tomten jacket for max soon after last Christmas. I wanted something washable and nice to knit with at the same time and affordable. I was going to go with Swish from knitpicks, but there has been some issues with not being able to dry it in the dryer. So I choose Cottonease, which while it lacks wool's warm properties it makes up for it because it's machine wash and dry.



I decided I wanted to line it with fleece and put a zipper in and I think it turned out lovely! I also put little flannel pockets inside.



Pattern: Tomten Jacket from Elizabeth Zimmermann, it's in several books of hers. Very simple (deceptively) pattern.
Yarn: 4 skeins of cotton ease. Had 4 yards of the green left and about 20 grams of the yellow left.
Needles: Size 7 knitpicks interchangeables (perfect for this project)
Mods: None. I did about 13" before armpits. The chest is about 25".



It's just too cute, and I'm actually thinking it'll be too big (we hope!), I'll try my best not to give it to him tomorrow! (My mom's side has thanksgiving on friday to make things less complicated).

1 comment:

Julie said...

that jacket is so cute, and the lining looks fantastic!!