Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Title of the Blog Might Have to Change

To death by sewing. Last night I sat down at 8pm and didn't leave the sewing area (except for cookies) until 11:30pm.



That is for my friend Mckayla - she loves chickens. And I do believe I told her at some point that I was going to make her a bag. I have to make a matching knitting project bag now.

And, two of my bags on Etsy sold in the past two days! I got 3 new fabrics yesterday but one of them (my favorite) was written on, which I realized after I had bought it.





I bought more drawstring, and I'm thinking next time I'm going to buy around 10
yards! I also bought some measuring tape ribbon - I'm thinking of making slightly small bags (like 10x10 inches) and sewing it on the outside, so you can measure your sock directly on your bag! I'd have to do like 1-10, and 11-20 so I don't throw out half the ribbon.

Other than that - I've been knitting in class a tinsy bit but not much. I need to cast on for the other malabrigo brown sock so I can knit it in class but I haven't gotten around to it yet! I picked up the stitches for the second mitten lining, but haven't gotten very far. Yesterday - I got my first flat tire but luckily my mom dealt with it because I had to go to work, and I drove her car (thank god she wasn't working). It's been a little crazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those bags are so cute (love the flowery fabric!) - and I think your idea of a smaller bag with tape ribbon on it is awesome! If you found some cute dachshund fabric or Lorax fabric I would so buy one (or several)! :)

Anonymous said...

I love my bag! Thank you, Sam! I miss you.