So I was going to just do a post about the new fabrics I bought. Well, I started sewing one the other day, and now this:
I happened to have a 7" zipper, and some white fabric, and now I have a skirt! I used about 1.5 yards, and made up my own pattern! I originally was going to use elastic, and when I did that it was bad. Then I realized what I was seeing in my head wasn't elastic, it was a zippered skirt. So I took apart the elastic top and put some pleats in it, planned out where the zipper would go (it had to be center back because I already had put pockets in it), and then figured out how the white waistband would fit in. (that was probably the most complicated part) I used some Amy Butler fabric I got at the fabric shop this week. I need to make more of these for sure!
This is center back of the skirt:
Then, this is how the top closes:
The people I worked for at the costume shop would be proud - you can't really see the metal!
And here's the pleats: