Saturday, June 12, 2010

FO: Summer Shawl

So, first of all, I got a new layout! I decided it was time for a change, and blogger has some cool tools to make it customized.

And, I finished something - a knitting something! I blocked it this morning and it was dry right after noon.



Pattern: Haruni
Yarn: Knitpicks Gloss Lace, 1.25ish skeins
Needles: Size 6
Mods: I added an extra repeat of chart A, and it's giant!
63" across the top, and 30 from the top middle to the bottom point!









Sorry for flash, I hate using it but it's the only one that gives you an idea of the size.



I love this shawl. It's huge but it's the first one I've made that I can drape around my shoulders. It's also the largest one I've made, and I could barely fit it one the board! I loved the pattern too, it's here on Ravelry! I'm going to work in a couple hours then tomorrow my nana is having a party, so I hope to get more photos there.

4 comments:

Crafty Lulu said...

The new shawl is GORGEOUS and I love the new blog layout.

Andi said...

It's beautiful! I hope you get more photos of it in action!

ColorSlut said...

So lovely. It is in my queue and I even have the yarn ready for it. Maybe I should cast on!

Rebecca said...

Lovely - I've done it in a pale green merino/lace, but a lot smaller...your looks gorgeous...