Friday, August 27, 2010

Dressing Up

So yesterday was my last day at Joann's. It's nice that I don't have to go back and work ever you know? I had orientation at DSW (the shore store) Wednesday, and I really like it. From what I don't like about joann's they are a huge improvement. DSW seems to be really striving to get to the top of the pile, and they want the best from their employees. And the discount on shoes isn't bad.

School starts this monday and this past week I've been sewing my "fun" sewing and I've finally finished this dress!





I'll try to get some full shots the first day of school! I fully lined it because really, this light weight fabric wasn't meant for this dress and would be entirely see through if I didn't. I'm really proud of myself because the lining isn't included in the pattern but I figured it out!



To be honest, the reason I choose this dress was because of the buttons. I love button holes. My mom's machine has an entirely auto button hole - you put the button on the button hole foot it even calculates how big it should be!



I haven't been really getting anywhere knitting wise, but I'll keep you updated. I need to get pictures of Max's jacket, hopefully today!

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

I'm sure you will love the new store and wow. Great dress! The buttons are perfect.