Saturday, September 4, 2010

Laptops and Socks

Oh hi there blog! I've been knitting a bit but mostly researching new laptops. I don't if I've previously mentioned this but I have a 17" HP laptop that I've had about 3 different issues with. It was very kindly gifted to me by my uncle before I graduated high school (about 2.5 years ago) and has served me very well, though when I had problems with it, they were doozies. (A broken hinge, a computer that turned into a blue-screened brick, a computer with pretty little green speckles on it) I had to fight about a year ago to get it fixed for free even though it wasn't under warranty. It runs a little hot now, and it has teeny tiny battery life but I'm still going to keep it around for watching netflix on and for my brother (now in high school) and sister to use.

I am getting a new 14" laptop, a Toshiba Satellite. I'll photograph it when I get it (I ordered it online).

But! I finished a sock!



I made up this pattern but I get the feeling that it's similar to the BFF pattern from Cookie A.



These are for my cousin for christmas, and while I like that little pattern I made up, I hate knitting with the yarn (Tofutsies). I think it's mostly cotton and it just hurts my hands, it really doesn't have any give. But I started the second!

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

Great color and such a fun pattern. I sometimes worry that cable socks will be too tight - be these look perfect!