Monday, September 20, 2010

New York City Visit - In Words....

I promise, I went to New York City this weekend. I have no photographic evidence because I broke my camera card before transferring the files, and I no longer have a working card reader.

I went to visit one of my best friends, Molly, who now goes to the New School for writing. I spent way too much money on a movie that was possibly more exciting to find the theater than it was to see the movie. (Went up the wrong escalators, then it says level one for our theater, which actually meant the third floor)

We went shopping, at Union square in Filene's Basement and Nordstorm Rack (I would have been very inspired to buy more if I didn't already have to carry my sleeping bag and pillow in a bag on the train). They had some very nice Frye boots at Nordstorms, only a mere $200 still. Gulp.

We had planned on seeing Angels in America, a show which is nothing like the HBO Tv show, but it was sold out. We went to dinner, at a place called YaYa's Restaurant I think? It was good, Molly does not enjoy meat so they had some nice veggies for her, and some chicken with shittake sauce for me. And a salad with carrot salad dressing, which I must learn to make. Then we went to the aforementioned movie.

Saturday we went to bed kind of late because Molly's roommates are night owls. But, we woke up, had some breakfast, and went to Central Park, where I've never been! I had some nice pictures but they have disappeared. We rented bikes for an hour (very expensive) and rode around. The bike path has two lanes and exits off the road way! We also attempted to go to the bead store but somehow ended up on the wrong end of the street.

All in all, it was a lot of walking with a friend I haven't seen in far too long, and I'm really glad she's getting along well in the city. I did finish a pair of socks today, except for the grafting and then I have just a bit more of ribbing on my aunt's shrug! Almost done!

1 comment:

Northern Monkey said...

It sounds fantastic even if there aren't any photos, I'd love to go to New York City.