Wednesday, September 22, 2010

FOs! FOs! A Shrug and Socks!

So I finally finished my aunt's shrug, it only took me three months! The seaming and the edging took the longest, probably about a month or so because I just needed time to sit and work on it while looking at the directions.



I modeled it and I had my mom wear it. I think it's too wide in the back but I'm sure my aunt will like it. I'm planning on mailing it her soon (she lives in California and I actually just got a package from her with a nifty penguin ring, carders for raw wool that she also sent me).



I don't think it's supposed to meet in the front but it does on me and mom!





Pattern: 09 Shrug in the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk pattern book.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Pure Silk about 6.5 skeins.
Needles: Size 4 needles.
This pattern is not well written. I do not understand for the life of me that big companies can write terribly explained patterns when great little designers can write up gorgeous patterns and not get published in a book. Oh well, this is probably what has created wonderful one-person pattern companies like Ysolda, Gudurn, etc. I like the outcome of the pattern but it was very hard to understand the instructions and there was alot of frogging!

Next FO!



Pattern: Made it up! 4st cable, p2, k2 p2.
Yarn: tofuties! I did not like it very much, it hurt my hands, about 60% of the skein.
Needles: Size 2.25mm circs.



After the modeling, I rinsed them and now they are drying, wait to be put in the drawer to christmas gifts!

2 comments:

juicyknits said...

The shrug is really pretty. So, I guess it was worth the trouble you had knitting it. Oh, I know what you mean about Debbie Bliss patterns. I hate it that she doesn't provide charts. And with all the lace & cables it is really tiresome to follow the written instructions the whole time.

ColorSlut said...

Wow you are rockin' the FO. Good job. They both look perfect!