Friday, October 15, 2010

Fleece Cooking

Wow. I don't remember if I've mentioned this but I have a really heavy class load this semester. Luckily I can knit in most of my class (yes, as well as taking notes) but I also have to work and keep my room clean (which is debatable currently) and try to do homework. I went away last weekend so I didn't really do any of those things, and then I have class pretty much constantly (oh and work) until now. So what am I doing? I'm washing fleece obviously.



(most of the white is in the little plaid fabric packages now!)



This is for my experimental archeology class, first I got the icelandic fleece (unwashed) from this etsy seller. I had to ask her not to wash it so I could be more authentic. So I'll wash, card, spin and then knit traditional Selbu mittens out of the fleece.

It's "cooking" on the stove a la Yarn Harlot, and I hope it is finished before work tonight!

(Rhinebeck tomorrow! YAY!)



My list of vendors I must see!

1 comment:

Vee said...

That's so cool that you can use that as a project. I'm looking forward to seeing it all spun up. Have fun at Rhinebeck.