Saturday, December 18, 2010

Ally's Shawl

I finished the Shetland Lace shawl friday morning, and blocked it last night!

I love blocking. I didn't use a piece of cotton this time like I normally do to straighten the edges, and while I regret it, it was a smaller shawl so it was easier than most.

I love blocking because I turn this:



Into this:



By just doing this:



Pattern: Shetland Triangle by Evelyn Clark
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Laceweight, overdyed by me a darker blue, only 50gr skein and I didn't use all of it.
Needles: Size 6 (two sizes larger than recommended made it a lot more lacy but I love it, as will the recipient I'm sure)
Mods: Only did 10 repeats of the main pattern, but I wanted to finish and I think it turned out plenty big!



I'm done with exams, and I will be working at school next week a little and with my cousin a little. I hope I can start and finish a hat and slippers and finish the sweater!

No comments: