Friday, January 21, 2011

Cleaning with Buttons

I've been cleaning. I'm not an organized person. At all. It's like pulling teeth to make myself be organized. And I'm not anywhere near the level of my college roommate that I fought with about cleanliness. My grandfather built this shelf for me, and one of the reasons I want it is because I want to try to stay organized during school. We'll see.



I also found out I have a rather sizable button collection. There's a couple sets, the wooden ones on top I bought at Joanns and they only had a couple left. Then I went back recently and bought more - so, I have 12 buttons now of those. Those metal ones are from the Audrey sweater and they were too heavy. My mom has a large collection of mismatching buttons but it's from her grandmother, who apparently used to cut the buttons off everything she didn't use, and saved them. Now I've started my own!

2 comments:

ACraftyKnitter said...

I love those metal buttons in the forefront of the picture- they're gorgeous!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

I have a button tin, my mom had one and I used to play with them all the time..