Saturday, March 12, 2011

Leaving On a Jet Plane


My almost fully packed suitcase.
(Yes it is tiny....I've come to terms with that)
I have not spun in .... 4 months? I did start spinning some white merino, and then stopped about a month ago. I like to spin. I just stopped doing it. I think the reason is that with knitting or reading or writing (Even for school!) it's a rather passive activity. I can sit on my bed or the couch and do anything of those things while reclining back. Spinning I need to sit straight with my feet on the floor, and my bed is too high for that. I think crafts that are more "lazy" I'm more likely to do! My parents just bought a new couch (to be specific, my dad's away on business, but has consulted with my mother throughout the couch buying process), for upstairs, so maybe my wheel can live up there and I can use it upstairs? We'll see.

For those still interested, I'm still posting on my Tumblr. A little more often than here, it's going to be more of a personal blog than anything.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I think I'll explain about Chile. I'm in a class in my university which is taught throughout the semester but as part of the class, we go to Chile during spring break. So in less than two weeks, I'm headed out! There's about 16 of us going on the trip, and we'll be spending about 4 days in Santiago, 4 days in Chepica with host families and then another 4 days in Santiago. We'll actually be there the same time as Obama. Because of his trip, we're going to La Moneda Palace the day we get off the plane. It'll be interesting to get off the plane the same day and jump into nicer clothes to go to the La Moneda.

I will definitely take tons of pictures and post about my trip when I get back! I'm not planning on knitting a lot but I'm going to bring a couple projects. One unstarted for the plane as well as some cotton and crochet hook if they take the needles away!

Also, all this stuff:



Needs to be packed, as well as dealing with an almost full week at school! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Have a great trip! I missed my chance to visit Chile. A former student's family was relocated there for 2 years and I could have gone, wasn't in the position to at the time. Now they are back home in Michigan...

Website design Adelaide said...

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include approximately all significant infos. I’d like to look extra posts like this.

---------------------------
Web Design Melbourne | Web Design Perth | Web Design Sydney