Monday, August 27, 2007

Sad things and a Purse

So I live right near Route Six. About say, a week ago an awful terrible accident happened about an 1/8 of a mile from my house. Four teenagers, luckily none I know, were killed instantly. They were going too fast, and crossed the yellow line. This terrifies me. Not to be a downer, but what if that was one of my friends? I know alot of people (cough, idiots, cough) that drive like 60 mph down suburban roads. It could have very easily been me, my two best friends and a boy that we know that drives like a maniac in that car.

It's at times like these when I realise that although techinically my town is a city, it's really just like a small little town. At work I overheard a party of teens taking about it, the waitresses talked about how they knew one of the kids. While we are right down the road from the accident, but it was so depressing.

But I made a purse!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to live not far from Route 6 (out in Danielson) and seems like since I moved away I hear more and more about how dangerous that road is! But, it's not the road, it's the speeding on those back roads. In my current town I know I've sped on a few that I shouldn't have. Ugh. It really was a terrible accident - do you drive? Slow down and stay safe and buckle your seatbelt!!

That purse is great!

Floderten said...

Aw I really love that purse! Especially the little heart, really adds the finishing touch. :)

Some time ago, we had a *lot* of car accidents in my area. We're talking 2 or 3 per month, and they were all young drivers. Most were speeding; some were near clubs (one guy ran 4 people over! In a *tiny* street just outside a club! There's barely even room for a car on those streets! Idiot), and others were just... well, accidents. Most people died. :( It was insane. A guy from my school went into a coma, while the other guy (who I think was the driver) died. It was horrible.

One of my classmates' boyfriend has picked us up from parties and the airport and stuff, and he drives really fast. I mean, really REALLY fast. On the way home from the airport we drove over 105 mph. o_o Eesh. I don't like driving with him... Obviously. Doesn't take more'n a pebble on the road...