Thursday, August 2, 2007

Stitches

The ones from my mouth are gone! Solid food never tasted so good!

However, I have very little knitting to show for it! Knitting in round has made me VERY dizzy for some reason, and Shedir just doesn't want to be large enough!

So here she is, about 20 (?) rounds from being completed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(see what I mean about the on the small-side!?)



I might mention that I meant her to be another of these berets, but I decided that knitting it once was enough. I don't know what it is, but knitting the same thing twice just doesn't appeal to me!

I don't think I've been off of Ravelry.com for more than 10 hours at a time! I've added more things into my queue than I ever plan to knit, and if I do knit them, it'll cost me thousands of dollars in yarn!

Half these things I plan on making in Maine, as Christmas Gifts. My cousin requested a shawl, so the obvious answer is the Clemetine Shawlette, only not with alpaca! I'm terribly allegric! I'm thinking I'll buy Silky Wool at my LYS. She said green or blue, so I'm leaning more towards a vibrant green.

Then a bunch of hats: Odessa, Red light special from Brooklyntweed, etc. And mittens, and scarves, and socks.

While in Maine, I must also finish this, and Their Eyes Are Watching God (both summer reading).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I like it, but its soooo tough for me to to read! I need to look up the words I don't know (I've been forcing myslef- I've got an AWFUL vocabulary!), and I need to remember what happened also!

I must go, I'm going to see my boyfriend and friends play in the pit for "Once Upon A Mattress"!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is one of my favorite books! The first time through it can be really confusing, but when I re-read it, I thought it was so funny.

There's a really great (but long!) miniseries starring Colin Firth that's helpful in getting the flow of the dialogue and the characters.