Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blogger-ing from My Bed

I got a laptop! I can now blog from anywhere! Right now I'm not in my bed, but I COULD be. You never know!

I am very close to finishing my dad's sock, but I frogged the toe because the sock wasn't quite long enough yet...

Photobucket

So even though this was last night, it doesn't look much different.

I started another sock, roughly based on Garter Rib from Sensational Knit Socks. I'm just using the stitch pattern and then making them toe up.

Photobucket

I'm using Franklin sock yarn from Webs, and I love it! I want more, and I think I might need to buy some yarn from there before /i go to college ( for a sweater), so maybe I can convince my knitting friends we need a road trip...?

I looked through Sensational Knit Socks more the other night, and I love it. I didn't realize you basically choose your own stitch count (so you can use however many stitches you want - good because I can never find good patterns for 2 mm), and the stitch pattern you want, add favorite heel and toe, cook until brown and suddenly, there's a basically custom pair of socks done! It's like she wrote that book with me in mind!

I bought more yarn off of ravelry.com from another user - only this time, it was only because she priced it $9 below the retail price!

Photobucket
Claudia's Hand Painted Fingering Yarn, colorway : just plum.
Yum.

No comments: