Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cream Soda and Peaches

It's totally and definitely summer. Weirdly, though, my weekends are backwards; with Monday and Tuesday being my days off. So I have been doing nothing, and it's been glorious. I made these delicious non-bake cookies yesterday, which I should never do again, because I end up eating a lot of the "batter" and eating two or three cookies when putting them away.

Photobucket

I know they just look like lumps, but they are just so good!

My "version" of the cookies: slightly altered with more chocolate, and no nuts.

2 cups sugar
1 stick, 1/4 lbs. butter
1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened)
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup coconut flakes
3 cups quick cook oatmeal
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla (opt.)

Combine and melt the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat, once the butter is melted, take the pan off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Drop be spoonfuls on to jelly roll pan covered with waxed paper. Put them in the fridge for about 1/2 hour, and keep in the fridge, unless for some reason it's not boiling and insanely hot in your town. Oh so good, and so bad for you too! Perfect combination!

Since it's summer, I've been eating these.

Photobucket

And knitting some of these.

Photobucket

I'm serious. The heat wave comes and I cast on for two pairs of mittens. The other pair is sadly on hold while I wait for different needles, I lasted about two rows with fiddly DPNs, and ordered some Harmony circulars. The plan is to have two color 1x1 ribbing and polka dots! I have been knitting insanely fast on that Fiddlehead Scarf, with 34 repeats done, I think the pattern is a little skimpy on the repeats, and I think I'll do 50ish. The scarf in the sample seems a little short!

No comments: