Thursday, August 20, 2009

FO: Felted Nesting Bowls

Just a little summer project - hopefully a christmas gift, and I have plans for more, they were pretty fun! I sort of want to felt everything now. I do have a lot of pure wool leftovers, and two of the bowls got rid of all the leftover yarn!



Pattern: Felted Nesting bowls - I made the med, small and extra small.
Needles: US size 10, magic loop, 32" circ.
Yarn: Light blue and green - Malabrigo. Dark Blue - Farmhouse Yarns Andy's Merino II
No mods!



I was thinking of needle felting or embroidering a shell, so I could give them later to my shell loving aunt. I have to figure out how to needle felt first though!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Needle felting's superfun! If you're feeling frustrated or angry, that's a good time to do it since it involves violently poking something soft with a sharp barbed needle. Even if you're not angry it's pretty fun, though. And it's not too difficult either (especially just for 2D stuff like designs on a surface like that).

Team Knit said...

those are so lovely!! what a great stash busting idea.

- Julie

Cimorine said...

what a good idea! very cool! I can't help but feel that I should make myself a felted basket for my stash. (it's a mini-stash)

Anonymous said...

Heh, they're very cute! :D

Chris Tolomei (alicethelma) said...

Fabulous! They came out great. I love seeing all the different versions around the knitting blogo-sphere. :-)